How well do you look after yourself over the Christmas period? Is your wellbeing put on pause until the new year? Do you put everybody else’s needs first? Perhaps it’s time to look after yourself with some easy yet powerful new habits.
Your body has a flow of energy, this is your vital force or Chi or Ki. This energy is what gets things done! There’s not an ever-ending supply however, so it must be respected and safeguarded.
If you’re sleepy after a meal, then it’s likely because your body doesn’t have the energy to fully digest your meal. What can you do to preserve that energy for effective digestion? Follow these straightforward tips:
- Allow 5 hours in between meals
- Don’t drink with your meal
- Eat when relaxed, at the table
- Avoid desserts
- Stop eating when you’re satisfied
- Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and supper like a pauper
Many other factors can drain our energy. From eating just food or drinking alcohol and caffeine, to over-working, not exercising, sitting in clutter and mess, spending time on social media, thinking about the past, and more. All this has the ability to drain us.
However, there are activities we can adopt, which can energise us and, best of all, are FREE!
- Spending time in nature is soothing for the body and soul. Whether it’s a forest, the park, the hills or the sea. Spend time in nature near you.
- Going to bed by 10pm and getting up early before anyone else at home can be the most empowering and energising way to start your day.
- Sit alone in the garden with a cup of tea. Sit and listen. Take time for yourself.
- 10 minutes of meditation in the morning can set the tone for your day.
- Listening to your favourite music or band can also improve your mood.
- Breathe deeply.
- Allow your mind to enjoy the present. Bring your mind back from the past. Today is for living. Now is what’s important. Don’t spend your energy on the past.
- Spend time with the people you cherish and love.
Feel more you.
I am a full qualified allergy and nutritional therapist based in the heart of Penarth, where I offer tailored treatments in a professional, friendly and private environment. I offer a bespoke programme to help adults and children with a very wide range of conditions, with a focus on detoxification, nutritional support, allergy and intolerance therapy, emotional support and energy therapy. I offer a natural solution to conditions such as IBS, CFS, PMS, anxiety, migraines, skin conditions, perimenopause, menopause, weight loss, and many more. Contact me to discuss your needs- 07739 210 291 / www.angharadevans.cymru / firstname.lastname@example.org